Who doesn't want to look younger??? Beside using your Mary Kay routine on a regular... Although you can’t turn back time, there are a few extra tricks that can make you look like you did!
1. Brighten your smile
A bright white smile is one of the best and easiest ways to knock years off. It’s well documented that as you age, your teeth begin to yellow - so it’s only natural that a bright smile will will help you to look younger. White teeth can not only make you look five years younger. Did you know wearing a RED LIPs (click HERE for Mary Kay colors in RED )actually gives the illusion to whiter teeth? also if you don't want to spend big bucks at the dentists or on some of those whiting strips, try one of these home remedies:
Option #1: Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda Teeth Whitener “Toothpaste”
What You’ll Need:a
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Baking Soda
- Toothbrush (you can use the toothbrush you’re currently using)
- Small bowl
- Wet your toothbrush under the faucet.
- Pour about 1 ounce of hydrogen peroxide on your damp toothbrush bristles.
- Pour about a half ounce of baking soda into a small bowl. Dip your toothbrush in the baking soda.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes using this toothbrush like you normally would brush your teeth. The hydrogen peroxide/baking soda mixture should quickly react with the water on your toothbrush to form a gritty paste. Pay special attention to the teeth in the front of your mouth that show when you smile. Do not swallow the mixture.
- Rinse your mouth out with lukewarm water and make sure you completely rinse out your toothbrush with water.
- Repeat this process only once every four months since the baking soda/peroxide mixture can be too abrasive on your teeth if used more frequently.
Option #2: Lemon and Salt Teeth Whitener “Toothpaste”
What You’ll Need:aOption #3: Lemon and Salt Teeth Whitener “Mouthwash”
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of table salt (Morton Iodized Salt )
- Toothbrush (you can use the toothbrush your currently using)
- Small bowl
- Pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of table salt into a small bowl and mix together.
- Wet your toothbrush and then dip into the mixture.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes using this toothbrush like you normally would brush your teeth. Pay special attention to the teeth that show when you smile. Make sure to avoid swallowing the mixture.
- Rinse your mouth out with lukewarm water and rinse out your toothbrush with water.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 ounce of lemon juice (Reallemon 100% Lemon Juice from Concentrate
- 1.5 teaspoons of table salt ( Morton Iodized Salt
- Small cup
- Pour 1 ounce of lemon juice and 1.5 ounces of table salt into a small cup and mix thoroughly.
- Swish the mixture around in your mouth for 30 seconds like you normally would mouthwash and then spit it out. Do not swallow the mixture.
- If desired, rinse your mouth out with water.
2. Make that hair shine!As we age, our hair actually becomes more porous, which not only causes it to be less manageable, but more dull. Making that head of hair shine is a simple, inexpensive way to help turn back the clock. In fact, you may not even have to spend a dime. You can actually get that shiny mane from a product that you probably already have in your kitchen – vinegar! To shine your hair with vinegar, mix one part water with three parts vinegar and apply liberally to your hair. Make sure to massage it in to get the roots. Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes and then rinse it out and shampoo/ condition as normal
3. Find the perfect braIf you haven’t been bra shopping in a while, it is very possible that you may actually be wearing the wrong size. Experts actually estimate that nearly 80 percent of all women are not wearing their correct size, which can not only make you look older and heavier, but can even cause shoulder or back pain. You can get a free bra fitting at numerous stores including Kohl’s, Macy’s, Lan Bryant and Victoria’s Secret, but if you don’t feel comfortable doing so, check out Nordstrom’s guide to measuring yourself. You can easily find a good quality bra for under $50 if you’re watching those sales! New Bra to look a few years younger? Yes, please !
4. Loosen your hairIf you tend to pull your hair back in a tight ponytail or bun, it may be time to rethink that look! Tight hair pulled off of your face can instantly draw attention to those crows feet and fine lines that you’re trying to hide. beside pulling on the skin and stretching it out! Instead, try a playful, loose wave. Flowing hair that has a lot of movement to it is an easy (and free) way to create a more youthful appearance. Whatever you do, avoid hair that is stiff and doesn’t move, which will age you instantly
5. Switch from lipstick to glossAs we age, our lips start to lose their fullness — and don’t get me started on those little lines and wrinkles that start forming around the mouth! This makes it easier for lipstick to bleed, and lipstick bleeding into those lines is an instant tell of a woman’s age. Instead, swap that lipstick for gloss. or pop a gloss on top! A light, shiny gloss can instantly make lips look fuller and make you look younger. Mary Kay has ton to pick from Check it out HERE!
or Click pick for other tips on applying lip color for your lip size
6. Eat for radianceIt may not be instant gratification, but eating certain foods can help skin stay radiant, tight and more youthful. One of the best vitamins to build collagen is Vitamin C, which can be found in citrus fruits such as grapefruit and lemons. Other key components to youthful skin are beta-carotene and lutein, which can help protect the skin from wrinkles and promote cell turnover, leading to smoother, younger-looking skin. These are found in foods such as sweet potatoes (yum!), spinach, kale, carrots, and squash. Also Mary Kay Microdermabration a cheaper and effective way to make sure your shedding those dead skin sells! click HERE for more info on what it can do for you!
7. Have your eyebrows professionally doneA clean, well groomed eyebrow can create an instant eyelift, and you might be surprised to see just how much younger you look after cleaning up and filling in your brows. Click HERE for how to and products Mary Kay has to offer to keep your Brows in check!
As Always SPF and a regular routine morning and night is going to be your best bet at preventing any future signs of aging! and not all skin is the same! have questions about what you may need to stay looking young? Just ask! Message me anytime on my Facebook Page: www.Facebook.com/ErinFeisleratMaryKay